Friday, September 17, 2010

Chatting

Pin It Now! Since Avery was born it has amazed me how many complete strangers now stop and talk to me, or actually it's more like they talk to Avery and I'm just there : ).  It seems like every errand I run I have to plan for extra time cause of all the people who want to say hi and ask questions or tell stories about their own children or grandchildren.  I guess it actually started a little bit when I was pregnant.  People congratulating me, wanting to know how far along I was or if we were having a boy or a girl.  But man, once she got here  it was crazy how much I got stopped!


Well, yesterday it was Avery who wanted to stop and talk to everyone.  She was chatting up a storm.  Constant babble everywhere we went.  So of course I had even more people want to stop and talk with her.  At one point we were in an aisle that had a check out lane at the end of it.  There was a women standing in line and Avery really wanted her attention.  She'd start talking, rather loudly too, until the woman turned around.  Then Avery would smile really big and start waving.  The woman of course smiled and waved back and then turned around again.  Well, Avery wasn't done with her!  So she'd start talking again and again the woman would turn around and Avery would smile and wave.  This went on 5 or 6 times, by the end of it, the woman, the check out woman, the bagger, another person in line, and I were all laughing.  What a character she is, and such an attention hog!!

6 comments:

  1. that is so cute!!
    I remember Riley doing that while in the shopping cart at Target. Everyone we passed got a very loud "hi!"
    I think people love to see friendly babies.
    You can't help but smile!!
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean! My daughter has just begun waving and saying "h" and she also wants everyone's attention! I feel like before she was born I must have been invisible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love them. Wait until she gets older and can tell stories and has to say hi to everyone and tell them her whole name, what ya'll are doing the whole day, and thats she's a big girl. At least there is entertainment while you out and about! :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! i remember my girls doing the same when they were younger. Those little ones sure like the attention! ;-)

    When you get a chance stop by my blog, I have an award for you!

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know what you mean! Since I've had Nate people always stop by and want to talk to him or get him to smile. Lately he's been seeking out attention from other people. At restaurants he waves, smiles, and even makes noises to get attention from people at the other tables and then as soon as he gets them to notice him he smiles at them the entire time we're there. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I think kids really help remind us of what life is all about: relationships. They seek out friendships wherever they are and with whomever they meet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete