Saturday, September 25, 2010

Social Butterflies

Pin It Now! It's a really good thing that we had the party last weekend and not this one because Avery and I have been so busy this week.  I wouldn't have had time to run all my errand and get everything ready in time.  But I love weeks when we are busy and have a lot to do, it makes the time go by faster and it's so good for Avery to get out and about, see new things, and interact with other kids.  Tuesday we went with our playgroup to a local farm.  It was so much fun to see all the animals, they had pigs, goats, emus, chickens, bumblebees, and peacocks.   My favorite were probably the piglets, but boy were they stinky!
  It also gave me a chance to practice some of our baby sign with the real, live animals right there, which was pretty cool.





We had a pretty good turn out for the playdate, we had 8 families, which totaled 11 kids and 19 people in all, not too bad.  As cool as the animals were, the kids favorite part was playing on this little tiny swing-set!  It was pretty funny!


Starting Thursday and going through this weekend my mom is babysitting for this boy (we'll call him C) who lives in her neighborhood while his parents go on a trip.  I call him a boy but he's not really a boy.  It's kind of a sad story but when C was 4 years old he was put on a medicine for his asthma and he ended up having a seizure due to the medicine and he has never been the same (so scary to think about as a mom).  He still has seizures and at age 27 he functions like a 3 year old.  He had progressed up to a 5 year old but the seizures that he continues to have have caused him to regress again.  Well, on Thursday my mom and C came over for lunch.  We had a great time, C held Avery and was so good with her.  He kept giving her little kisses on her head and telling her that he loved her.  So adorable!


That night I had a game night with some friends in the neighborhood.  We played Guesstures, it was so much fun and we laughed so much.  One of our friends even stopped by with her 6 day old baby.  She was so cute and tiny!  It was a wonderful evening of fantastic friends, great conversation, delicious food, and LOTS of laughs!  Gotta love evenings like that!


Friday was the beginning of Gourmet Gals.  It's a monthly luncheon that one of my friends (we'll call her D) is starting.  Once a month she'll come up with a theme (this month was kid friendly meals) and everyone brings a dish and the recipe for it.  Then we get to try out the foods.  D is starting a blog where she is going to put all the recipes with pictures so that we'll have a little online cookbook of everything we got to try.  Such a great, fun idea!!  The first one was wonderful.  The kids all played while we ate and talked!  Avery was kind of at this weird, in between age though.  The kids were either way older then her (3 or 4) or way younger then her (5 months and under).  So she got kind of frustrated, too little to play what the big kids were but the little ones didn't really do anything but lay there.  Oh well, she still had fun trying to play with them all.  D's son G was so sweet, he kept giving Avery hugs and telling her how much he liked her!  I'm so looking forward to the next one!


The week ended with a mom's night out with our playgroup.  Eric's on call this weekend so my dad came over and hung out so that if he got called in I didn't have to come rushing home.  Once again, we had great food and even better conversation.  I love this mom's group that I found, it has been such a great way to meet other moms and give Avery and I stuff to do during the week!


Phew!!  Now I'm ready for a nice, relaxing family weekend!  Hope you have a great one!

5 comments:

  1. What a great week! I love when there are lot of activities too :) And piglets! That's so sad and scary about C. Just another reason to try to enjoy each day and live in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gourmet Gals sounds awesome! I wish I had enough people around me to do that!!!! Thanks for grabbing my button! I grabbed yours too :)

    bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week! :-)
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad about the boy your mom watches. It is really nice of her to help take care of him so his parents can get a little breather here and there.

    Also...I am uber jealous of your mom's club. We had one in our little town, but it shut down. Now there really isn't anything, and I swear I am dying for some other moms to chat with. I find my mom's clubs is more online anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, it was a great week!

    Bri, Gourmet Gals was great. I'm going to try to put up the recipe that I took soon, it's one of my favorites. And thanks for grabbing my button! : )

    Amanda, the mom's group is great but I also love the mom support I've found online too. It's so great, so many awesome moms out there!

    ReplyDelete